Sunday, September 20, 2009

First Girl Scouts of the Season!

Last Friday was Girl Scouts and it was pretty good. We did Investiture in which we made my Brownies into Juniors.


Back Row (Left to Right): Grace, Michaela, Ivy, Me, Billye, Mom.
Front Row(Left to Right): Brenna, Alannah, Mary



Last year I was just the Brownie leader, but this year my Brownies graduated into Juniors and I will be helping my Mom with lessons as well has planning some of my own. We are working on an arts and crafts badge and so we painted dongles (which are little pieces of wood that can be used as name tags up at camp and things). We also colored special paper in which would be transferred to melmac plates. I mostly helped with the dongles, and I was able to paint my own!



I've missed painting, and oh sweet lordy when I got out my paint brushes it was like greeting an old friend. I've wanted to paint more, I've missed the feeling of paint inked all over my hands for forever but it's always such a hassle to get everything out. I had the ambition in the summer to make a section of the garage into a painting studio, but then we used that space to help our moving neighbors and it kind of fell on it's face. I suppose I can work on that. I wonder what I should paint? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ang!! Brennah is my cousin, how funny!

angela jones said...

Hahaha! She's so cute. My Mom sent Jan the link to my blog (when I found the snake) and Brenna thought it was so cool that she was on my blog. She even brought it up when we started up Girl Scouts this season.

How funny! I've got to tell her that I know her cousin since forever! She'll get a crack out of that.