Friday, August 1, 2008

The beginning.

Hello everyone!

I felt fed up of having to remember the address to friend's blogs on blogspot so I created my own so I can stalk you with ease! Maybe it would have been less of an effort (since I made up the design to my page, yeah I think it's pretty cute and I'm proud of it) to just remember the urls, but hey. I already have a livejournal but I hardly know anyone on lj so I've decided that I will keep that one more personal journal and this one more public!

So, what's new with me that maybe not everyone will know yet? Well, if you're really behind the times I stopped dating Parker a few years ago (yes, it has been years..) and I foolishly started dating someone else. It was a big mistake, (especially since this other guy, Peter, wasn't the nicest of boyfriends [but a great friend]). Lately I've been thinking about why I broke up with Parker when really I feel like I would hardly be as incompatible with anyone else and I think it was the idea that if I did date this other guy, Peter, things would have been easier. That there wouldn't be any major problems, I suppose I thought it was going to easier with Peter... when in reality it was far worse that when it was with Parker. So yeah, point of the story: I am not dating Parker nor am I dating Peter. I am currently siiiiiingle. Which is fine, I would like someone to date but I'm not really interested in anyone. I mean, sure there's cute boys that I see and meet... but I much rather them just be friends then anything else. So I suppose single and loving it? But not quite?

In other news, in case you didn't know, I've been promoted to a supervisor at the Multimedia Center in the Marriott Library (on the U of U campus). I've been working at the MMC for quite sometime and I really enjoy it. One thing I definitely love about working there is that there isn't any ugly tension and overall people who aren't very nice. I mean, theres a few people that are more grumpy than others but overall everyone is pretty nice and I feel like I can consider everyone here a friend. I suppose in contrast to Dan's Bakery, (where I worked prior to the MMC) just most people didn't care if they hurt your feelings, or where lazy and wouldn't clean up certain messes or just generally didn't care about you. But it's quite different here, and I love it. At work I'm currently working on the icons for the mobile (iphone primarily) library page. I don't have the flare to make an entire website from scratch yet I think I am pretty handy when it comes to Photoshop. Before that, since I'm a supervisor I worked on a section on the tier training for other counter staff (and it was on Photoshop, the ins and outs). Then BEFORE THAT, I did the graphics for the University of Utah iTunes U page. Which I think is pretty cool, I think (especially since it can be accessed by any University of Utah student/employee!)

I suppose my post is getting pretty lengthy but, one last thing: I have decided to give up meat for the month of August! I decided that I love meat too much to give up meat for forever but I think it is always good for your body and your mind to give up food items temporarily. Like, a few months back I gave up soda and sugar foods, and since then I haven't been the biggest fan of soda. I drink it sparingly but I have too much of a sweet tooth to stop candy and other sweet things. Anyways, I am trying the real test of will power to give up meat and force myself to eat things like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. (Which I have been terribly sick of ever since I ate it almost every single day in high school).

Well, I guess this will do and I will update again soon!

4 comments:

sjbernhisel said...

Ohohoooohohohohooh I see I have a new Blogspot friend.

Unknown said...

angela!!!! blogging can be soooo creepy, and im probably the person that makes it that way, whatev right?! haha i don't even know how i found this, facebook or something... hahaha just wanted to say hi!
lindsay redd

Anonymous said...

thanks for linking to my little bloggy thing, but the link to it is only to the month of June...just fyi =P

angela jones said...

Hahaha, Alex I dont even remember clicking on the archive blogs buuuut, oh well problem fixed. Thanks for letting me know!