Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fruit Popsicles!

Today was a dull day. I planned to go on a picnic but that fell through so instead I perused the stores and I ended up buying one of those "make your own popsicles" trays. So I bought the little $1.50 treat and some fruit juice so I can have yummy yummy iced treat later today.

Ugh, my laptop that I use has lost two of it's rubber feet and so now it is alternating between two different planes as I type, in other words it's being annoying! I know, random thought.

Anyways, today I checked out online the price of my textbooks and it seems that two of my big textbooks are brand new (new edition, new book, new everything) and so that eliminates me buy anything used.... so my grand total on textbooks should be about $593.55. Good gravy that's a lot. I figure now I can buy the used textbooks asap, and wait to buy the brand new after my next paycheck (since they're going to be used it's not going to be a big deal if I don't rush to purchase). I suppose that's what I get for being a science major, big fat science textbooks. It basically eliminates the major stock of anything I've been saving up for (i.e. a new imac for at home, plus some other collectors items). Oh well, I guess by the time I can buy a new imac the new ones will be coming out. Ahh, the hassle of avoiding credit debt.

Well, I'm going to go check on my popsicles. I just barely put them in buuuut, I have no idea the freezing point of juice is! I would figure lower than water because of all the "impurities" in the juice. Ahh, I miss chem lab which is a good thing since school starts in about a week from today. Goodbye hours of free time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hey i just found your blog through Kati's!! How are ya? Sorry textbooks are so expensive!

angela jones said...

Haha, I saw your status on facebook saying that you were EXTREMELY glad that you didn't have to go to school, but hey I don't blame you. Hows your RN work going? You doing residency at some hospital?