Tuesday, September 16, 2008

On second thought...

I've changed my mind. I don't particularly like my biochem instructor. I mean, he's funny but the way he has his class notes set up kind of drive me nuts. So, basically he has Power Point notes divided into lectures instead of chapters or subjects like a normal human being. So, what these lecture notes entail is that if for whatever reason the next day he wants to talk about the same slide as the day before, he just includes it in the next lecture slide set. WHICH IS SO DUMB! I have like a huge bulk that is the lectures for that class, but I guess when I have the first exam I can clean out my folder. I'm kind of stressing for that class, we've been in class for a couple of weeks so far and I don't exactly know what COULD be on the exam. It's not like we've talked about much. Review of pHs, memorize 20 common occurring amino acids, beta- sheets, and alpha- helixs? Seems like so little? Definitely not enough to cover a test, because its not like we have to draw alpha-helix or even a huge oligomers and theres not enough information to fill up a test. So, Im paranoid it's going to hit me with something. I wish bio chem went more over like, what transcription actually is but I suppose we're getting there. Just have to understand the shapes of proteins for transcription, and why it unravels (which is what we just barely covered).

Oh, but, I realized that my Calculus professor is a genius. Literally a genius. So, awhile back I noticed that he never lectures with notes or with the book or anything and yet he can cover the material so efficiently that makes perfect sense. I was later confirmed that he was indeed a genius when the second time he passed back homework that he had memorized who everyone in the class is just by passing back the homework once. I'm soooo loving that class though. I feel kind of crazy for saying I love calculus but the last time I took Calculus with psycho horrible teacher (he would do some problems, and then skip steps, and when we ask how he did a certain step he would say "just figure it out!") I was struggling and at a complete loss versus now that the two last homework assignments that I've done I got a 93/100 and a 100/100 (and they rigorously check every problem and every step you do in your homework). I feel safe again saying I actually like math. Maybe Trung teaches calc 3 as well? I wish.

In other news, tonight is my niece Alannah's birthday party. (Oh, that reminds me I have to wrap her present! I can't go home after work and sleep a blissful hour before leaving.) My sister felt like she wanted to be a little extravagant on her birthday and has rented a limo to come pick her and her friends up and drive her to the beauty salon so that they can be pampered and have a chance to dress up in play clothes. Well, to say the least I'm excited-- I've never been in a limo myself. I mean, when my cousin got married I had the chance to look in, but never to just drive around. So I will tell you how it goes!

No comments: