Monday, September 29, 2008

Exam woes.

Whew, I had two exams today and I think I did alright. I apparently didn't study hard enough in Ochem.. or maybe didn't study it for speed but I didn't finish the last few problems on the exam which I know I would have got if I had more time. My bio chem test was so effing lame. I printed out the last 3 years of old exams and I could do every single problem on those exams and the trend was one graph in which you had to find out the velocity of the enzyme turn over rate, piece together a polypeptide and calculate the net charge on a polypeptide... so I was set I could do all of them in addition to have memorized 20 amino acids and misc. info from the lectures (i.e. bond angle of alpha helixes, etc) and my Professor was like "this is probably the easiest test I've ever written" so of course I was getting pumped about it. Get the exam-- and half of the things I studied for (enzyme rate, piecing polypeptides together) was NOT ON THE EXAM. I was freaking out and doing like 20 different problems involving it and alas! Nothing there. Instead he asked for some random information about which amino acids could do radical reactions which he did NOT talk about in class (and I think I got the right answer because of other chemistry classes I've taken-- theres only so many amino acids that can make a stable tertiary radical) but honestly amigo.

But I think overall, I did pretty well. Not as well as I thought I would do, but definitely above average. (Knock on wood!) I just wanted to get A's on my exams like I did on my calc exam :(

Oh, but before my Ochem class I noticed that this guy in front of me's shirt:
I thought it was pretty hilarious that this guy felt the need to advertise that he was a putz. Oh, I guess not even a putz but 20 PUTZ.

So ridiculous.

1 comment:

Chelsey Hansen said...

oh Angela, Jeremy would know what you're talking about but you lost me at the polypeptide part....I do recognize the word "stable" though. (Jeremy is in O chem too..It's all we talk about :) ) I'm hoping you get good grades too!!!! You're so cool ;) love ya!